Monday, October 13, 2008

I think I'm in love!

You know the old saying, "While the cat's away the mice will play"? Well, while David was at work tonight, I went on a date with a young man. I just have to confess. I've known this young man for almost 5 years now. He's a little shorter than David, with blonde hair and deep, shiny blue eyes. He keeps me on my toes. He lights up any room he enters. Most of the time, he's such a gentleman. Tonight, he took me out for hot cocoa. He even ordered for me! Sigh. He was a little short on cash tonight, so I paid, not knowing when I would find the time to sneak off with him again for time like this. He sported some jeans, a sweatshirt and some tennis shoes for our date, obviously not wanting to seem over-achieving. I think I'm in love!

Doesn't this just melt your heart? Come on, I know I'm not alone in this!


Such a gentleman.
By the way, on Monday evenings Addilyn takes tap and ballet. Ryan and I have a standing date from 5:00-6:00 every Monday.

5 comments:

MommyDoak said...

Oh my goodness! That is so sweet! I'm so glad I happened upon your blog! How fun for you and Ryan!

Tara said...

Awe, I love it! I can't wait to "sneak off on dates" with Kamden like this.

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Sweet. Isn't it fun?

amy wright said...

What a sweet guy! That makes me want to take my boys on a date...well, all 3 of them...at different times!

Becky Dietz said...

Ohhhhhhh....he looks so big! But what sweet memories.