Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Because I have nothing better to do...

I'm going to post about me, myself, and I.

How often does that happen?!?!

Why am I posting about myself? Hmmmmmm......because our heater went out last night and I am waiting for my stud of a husband to come home and replace the motor....because he's handy like that....because it's snowing and cloudy outside......my brain and body have temporarily gone into hibernation mode........because I looked at the calendar and realized we haven't had a real break from school since Christmas, so we're taking the rest of this week off......because I'm sitting by our fireplace which is the only really warm spot in the house......did I mention it's snowing and our heater's out?.....because I'm wearing polka-dot pj pants, my 2001 Senior sweatshirt, and fuzzy boots and no one's here to make fun of me....because my peeps don't know all the fashion faux pas I'm committing right now.....because I really have nothing else to do.......and this is lame, but I'm doing it anyway.......

Because, because, because, because, becaaaaaaaauuuuuse! Because of the wonderful things he does!

I read my friend Darci's post this morning and decided to tag myself to do it. By the way, Darci's blog is super cute! If you're like me with nothing to do today, you should go visit her blog.

So......here we go!

11 Fun Facts About Yours Truly

{1.} I wash my hair with baking soda and condition with apple cider vinegar, and I've never liked my hair more!

{2.} I can't stand the texture of certain raw foods, so I'm weird for not eating them: apples, carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, watermelon, and onion, just to name a few.

{3.} I just flat-out don't like bananas at all. Gag. Me. With. A. Spoon.

{4.} My secret job fantasy used to be working as a grocery store check out person. I always thought scanning bar codes would be the funnest thing ever.

{5.} Then I became a mom, which is the funnest thing ever. Most days.

{6.} I adore clear glass canisters, bottles, and such. There is nothing more pleasing to my eyes than a shelf full of clear glass containers with their contents displayed. Cute labels on said containers make my world go 'round.

{7.} I'll be 29 this year. My husband will be 30. My firstborn turns 8 next Friday. My baby will be 7 before I know it. Oh me, oh my. I realize more and more how time truly does fly by, and all those old ladies who told me, "Enjoy those babies now. They'll be grown before you know it!" were actually right.

{8.} If we were totally debt-free and I had a wad of cash to spend anywhere I wanted, my first stop would be Anthropologie, my second stop would be Ikea, and my third stop would be World Market.

{9.} We are card-carrying members of the NRA and the Weston A. Price Foundation. Nerds-R-Us.

{10.} Now that I've thought about it some more, I might also spend some of that wad of cash at Gymboree....because I adore their clothes for my peeps.

{11.} I really want to learn how to re-finish and re-upholster furniture. But I'm not motivated enough to actually do it. I just think about it.

Answers to some random questions:

What is your profession? Domestic Engineer. Teacher. Chief Cook and Bottle Washer. Professional Housekeeper. Nurse. Nutritionist. Executive Researcher in charge of home development. Most importantly: Wife and Momma.

How would you describe your style? Fun, slightly trendy, comfortable. My favorite outfit consists of skinny jeans, a long, cute shirt with a scarf, and my brown leather riding boots. I feel most confident in black, white, and brown. I love cardigans, empire waistlines, and small pops of color rather than bold prints.

What is one make-up product you cannot live without? Mascara. I don't fix my face up everyday, but I feel totally comfortable and confident going out with nothing on my face except mascara. I really don't even enjoy putting on make-up...too time-consuming for me. One minute of applying mascara, and I feel like I'm ready for the day!

If you could be besties with one celebrity, who would it be? If I said Michelle Duggar would everyone think I was the epitome of homeschool nerdiness? I really think she's an awesome woman of God and could probably teach me a lot about patience, perseverance, purity, and passion for one's children. I really look up to her.

What is your dream vacation? England, Scotland, Ireland.

What magazines do you subscribe to? Wise Traditions (put out by the WAPF)

If you could have a special talent (that you currently don't have) what would it be? See #11 above.

What is your favorite breakfast food? Fried eggs and crispy bacon!!

If you could do anything, what is your dream job? Seriously, I'm already doing it.

What is your guilty pleasure? This is sad, but I don't really have a guilty pleasure. I don't get mani's or pedi's, I don't go shopping. I guess I enjoy wasting time reading blogs?? If I could have a guilty pleasure?....MASSAGES.....any time I wanted.

What is the best piece of advice you've ever received and who gave it to you? I'll have to cheat and give two. My madre told me a long time ago, "Don't ever leave the house without mascara and earrings." Geez, she was RIGHT! I feel completely complete as long as I have those two things on when I walk out the door, no matter what I'm wearing. My madre-in-law told me after having children, "Purpose in your heart to enjoy every age, phase, and stage of your kids' lives." I have done this to the best of my ability, and while I do have a few regrets, I think I'll be ready to let go when they're ready to leave the nest.

There you have it. If you want to play along, go ahead and re-post to your blog. I'm not going to tag anyone. But this was fun! And I had nothing better to do on this cold, wintry day...

Stay warm, wherever you are!

1 comment:

Becky Dietz said...

I want to hang with Michelle Duggar, too!!!