Sunday, March 11, 2012

Menu: March 11th-March 17th

Good Sunday! I hope you've found these menus helpful, inspiring, or at least fun to browse. I've sure enjoyed having them right at my fingertips on my iPad while I'm prepping and cooking.

This week is going to be a bit different because this Momma is leaving town solo. I am off to Dallas with my mother-in-law to help my sister-in-law and her family move into their new home! I also get to meet my new niece Hadassah for the first time!!!! I am absolutely ecstatic about this!

So, I am going to make meals for the weekend in advance. All Dave has to do is check the menu, warm up the day's meal, and serve. Easier for him, plus it gives him more time to enjoy the peeps and less time having to worry about what to feed them. Lunch will be either leftovers or Applegate Farm's Organic Grass-fed Hot Dogs, or PBJ on Kirsten's sourdough. Since I'll be gone from Thursday morning until Sunday evening, I have to be purposeful about planning so that they don't miss a beat.

 Here's the menu for this week!

The Menu:
Sunday: Uncle Gary is in town and wanted to take us to dinner!!!
Monday: homemade pizza with soaked crust
Tuesday: tomato-basil soup, sourdough crostini, Caesar salad w/ homemade dressing*, carob bavarian cream* {We're having company.}
Wednesday: grilled wild-caught tilapia, roasted broccoli, steamed brown rice
Thursday: spaghetti w/ meat sauce
Friday: taco soup, chips, lacto-fermented salsa
Saturday: clean out the fridge!
Sunday: breakfast casserole bites (already made and in the freezer)

Ahead-of-time Preparations:
Sunday: soak flour for pizza crust
Monday: make and lacto-ferment salsa, soak beans for taco soup
Tuesday: make meat sauce, store meat sauce in labeled jars, cook beans for taco soup, make Bavarian cream
Wednesday: put together taco soup, store in labeled jars, pack my junk and make sure laundry is done

Sources:
{*} Nourishing Traditions

David and the peeps should have a grand ol' time together. They NEVER get an entire weekend to themselves! Although...I have put together a small Honey-Do list {involving the removal of some dead bushes from our front flower beds} should they get bored. {Smile.}

I am going to enjoy my time with my sister-in-law as we get her new home organized, and I especially cannot WAIT to meet Miss Hadassah Melat. She came all the way from Ethiopia to meet Aunt Lala!

And here's a little something extra for you.

Maybe you wonder what we eat for breakfast everyday. I'll let you in on it. We have eggs in some form or another every single morning. My son and I prefer eggs fried in coconut oil or butter; my daughter prefers scrambled. Soaked oatmeal is also a staple just about every morning. I recently found a recipe for Cinnamon Vanilla Baked Oatmeal, and we have a WINNER! I've been making this for a couple of months now, 2-3 times per week. One batch lasts us at least 2 breakfasts, but usually 3. I don't even like regular oatmeal, but I eat a piece of this baked oatmeal every time I make it! It's easy and delicious! I like to save our fresh fruit, such as apples, oranges, and bananas, for on-the-go snacking since they're very portable.

That's how easy breakfast is at our house!

1 comment:

amy wright said...

Baked oatmeal. Interesting - I'll have to try it.
We are excited to see you!!