Monday, March 19, 2012

My Reading Wish List

I buy books a lot. Or maybe I should say, I buy a lot of books. Either is true.

Probably 95% of my book purchases are for our homeschool. And, why shouldn't they be? Homeschooling is as much a part of our lives as eating and sleeping. If I buy groceries for eating and make sure we have comfy bedding and clean sheets for sleeping, of course I'm going to have plenty of books lying around for schooling!

I've never added it up, but I would guess that I spend between $300-$500 per year on just books for the peeps: school books, math curriculum, science books, birthday books, just-because books. And we always ask the grandparents for books on birthdays and holidays. Books are just THAT important to us. It's a good thing we love them!

My best book purchases or gifts so far? In no particular order...


And what I can spend in a full year on books, my husband can spend once on an iPad, so I feel like I'm getting the more tangible better end of the bargain, don't you?

Sometimes, however, my personal love for books goes overlooked. I love to read in my own spare time, which doesn't seem to be much lately. I like to have three books going at once so that I can refer to one depending on what mood I'm in. I happen to have four right now, however. My current books are: Crazy Love by Francis Chan, Home Education by Charlotte Mason, Power in Praise by Merlin Carothers, and Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price.

I am building up a wish list of books {just for me} I do not yet own, but would love to and read in the near future:

What are you reading? What books are on your wish list?

No comments: